You probably already know that a healthy diet is an important part of assisting with fertility and also helping you to not only become pregnant but also have a healthy pregnancy and baby. As such, from time to time we provide you with various fertility diet tips and today, we would like to share a wholesome salad recipe we hope you will enjoy!
Nutty Quinoa Salad
Serves 2 for main or 4 as a side.
- ½ cup quinoa, rinsed well and drained
- ¾ cup water
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 roasted capsicum, finely sliced
- ¼ cup semi dried cranberries
- ¼ cup roasted almonds
- ¼ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pistachios, shell removed
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 1 – 2 cups salad leaves of your choice
To Cook Quinoa:
- Place ¾ cup water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil
- Add quinoa and reduce to a simmer
- Cook for 10 mins or until grains are tender and liquid has been absorbed
- Remove from the stovetop and allow to steam until ready to use
Meanwhile, prepare the additional ingredients above. Mix with quinoa and serve!
More Diet Tips
Watch the below video for some more diet tips.