IVF doesn’t work every time.. here are some things to consider when faced with the disappointment of an unsuccessful cycle.If you have a failed IVF cycle, don’t despair; talk with your doctor about how he can help you to move forward on your path to parenthood.
Here are some points to ask your fertility specialist: about:
- Ask if there were any obvious problems during the cycle
- Get a clear estimate from your doctor about what your chances of success are with a second cycle
- Ask what modifications or changes can be made this time to improve the chances
- If you have frozen embryos, consider the chance of success with these versus the chance of success with fresh eggs (before you get any older)
- Are there any contributing factors within your control that you can change (eg weight changes, smoking, caffeine or alcohol intake)?